What am I Responsible for?
Appalachian Power owns and maintains some exterior electric fixtures, but other equipment (weatherhead, service entrance, and meter box) are owned by customers. See the diagrams below for more detail.
- Overhead Electrical Diagram
- Underground Electrical Diagram
Partnership with HomeServeUSA
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”) is an independent company separate from Appalachian Power and offers this optional service as an authorized representative of AMT Warranty Corp., the contract issuer. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Appalachian Power.
The Homeserve USA Warranty is not regulated by the state utility commission. The program is offered as an option and is not a service in regulated rates. Failure to pay the warranty service will not affect electric service.
- Appliance service programs may be available from another provider
- The appliance service program is not regulated by the commission
- A new customer shall have 10 days after enrollment to cancel his or her appliance service program contract without penalty
- The customer's regulated rates and conditions of service provided by the utility are not affected by enrollment in the program or by the decision of the customer to use the services of another provider of appliance repair service